POSITION: Registered Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health and Supportive Housing – Victory House
POSTING NUMBER: 18-109
SALARY: $33.56 – $44.06
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care to the residents of Victory House according to established policies and procedures including: assessing physical and medical needs, as well as contributing to the team assessment of psychosocial needs; providing consultation to the team regarding residents’ medical/care needs; administering medication; contributing to care planning, and documenting and implementing service and care plans. In addition, the RN ensures that their practice meets nursing and organizational standards; assists in evaluating the effectiveness of service and care plans; fosters a positive and collaborative working environment with colleagues; and is committed to participating in his/her own continuing professional development.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing Program or a Registered Psychiatric Nursing Program; or BSN or BScN. Must hold current registrations with CRNBC or CRPNBC.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention training preferred.
- Two year’s experience in psychiatric care/mental health settings
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
- Knowledge of mental health recovery principles and approaches to care.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to operate related equipment. Knowledge of computer programs including MS windows environment, MS Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to perform nursing assessments and provide care for people with chronic mental health concerns.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate care, and collaborate with interdisciplinary team members in care planning.
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance to interdisciplinary team members in areas of clinical practice
- Ability to work independently and professionally.
- Ability to foster a working environment of collaboration, skill, collegiality, and enthusiasm.
Date Posted: October 17, 2018
Deadline for submission: October 24, 2018 for internal applicants or externally until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.