POSITION: Cook 1
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Mays Place
POSTING NUMBER: 20-08
SALARY: $19.62 – 21.66
STATUS: Regular Part-time
The Cook prepares balanced, nutritious meals for the client/residents, maintains the inventory levels of food and supplies, and ensures that the food and supplies are rotated. The Cook maintains an orderly, sanitary work area.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Recognized course in Food Safe 1 and 2 and training in quality food production with a diploma from a recognized course, or will consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to adjust recipes.
- Physical capabilities, which are compatible with lifting, stooping, and standing for long periods in a relatively warm environment.
- Must be well groomed and demonstrate a high degree of personal hygiene.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting throughout the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.
Date Posted: February 20, 2020
Deadline for submission: March 5, 2020 for internal applicants or externally until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.