DEPARTMENT: Mental Health & Supported Housing Services – Victory House
POSTING NUMBER: 20-25
REPORTS TO: Manager/Director, Mental Health and Supportive Housing
SUPERVISES: Mental Health Workers/LPN’s/RN’S/Activity Coordinator/Volunteers
HOURS Monday – Friday (Business Hours)
Oversees the day-to-day operations of Victory House (a total of 47 Units) and develops and implements procedures and programs in accordance with The Bloom Group’s policies to ensure that all program deliverables and regulations are met; acts as a resource to staff in the provision of services; assists in the promotion of quality improvement initiatives; provides staff development, supervision and support; fosters a positive and collaborative working environment; is committed to participating in his/her own continuing professional development; facilitates linkages between Victory House and community partners and service providers. Responsible for upholding licensing standards and ensuring annual compliance.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in Nursing, Social Work degree or other equivalent degree in social/human services with emphasis on mental health and addictions issues
- Five (5) year’s experience working in community mental health/addictions or residential services or in a related area.
- Two (2) year’s supervisory/management experience in a related field.
- Certificate/Diploma from a recognized property management/social housing management course an asset.
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred.
- Knowledge of strengths-based, recovery, and harm reduction principles and practices in mental health care and addictions
- Ability to supervise and coach
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to work with, and empathize with people experiencing abuse, poverty, family violence, cross-cultural issues, addictions, AIDS, and other life-limiting illnesses, mental illness, and the grief process.
- Ability to operate basic computer programs, MS Windows environment, MS Outlook, Word and Excel and ability to master specialized Rental computer software.
- Ability to assist in developing, implementing and evaluating programs in areas of clinical practice
- Ability to provide guidance, coach, and provide clinical supervision.
- Ability to assist in the development of professional and leadership skills of staff
- Ability to be self-reflective and committed to own professional development
- Ability to foster a working environment of collaboration, skill, collegiality, and enthusiasm
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting throughout the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.
Date Posted: March 30, 2020
Deadline for submission: Vacant until filled
Open to: Internal & External Applicants
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.