POSITION: Food Service Worker
DEPARTMENT: Women and Children’s Services– Powell Place
POSTING NUMBER: 20-27
SALARY: $18.23 – $19.52
STATUS: Casual: Until June 30, 2020 with the possibility of extension
The Food Service Worker preps by setting up prior to each meal, cleans the work area and food preparation equipment, and cleans and maintains the storage rooms ensuring food supplies are stored properly.
- Grade 10.
- Recognized course in Food Safe 1.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Must have physical capabilities that are compatible with lifting, stooping, and standing for long periods in a relatively warm environment.
- Must be well groomed and demonstrate a high degree of personal hygiene.
- Skill in use and maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in cleaning and sanitation techniques.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting throughout the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.
Date Posted: April 7, 2020
Deadline for submission: Vacant until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.