POSITION: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Development & Communications
POSTING NUMBER: 20-35
HOURS 22.5 hours/week or 3 days/week
As a key member of the Development and Communications department, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator assists the organization in reaching its resource development, marketing and communications goals and objectives, elevating our brand profile and building sound donor relationships to sustain and grow the organization and our impact in the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Digital engagement: Create and manage a social media and website presence and leverage online opportunities to provide a greater engagement for our work.
- Writing & editing: Prepare and edit briefs, letters, newsletters, annual reports, marketing collateral, web content, statements, speeches, presentations, media releases, funding proposals as required for the purposes of fundraising or general marketing and communications.
- Design & layout: Design or oversee the design of marketing collateral pieces, including brochures, annual reports, newsletters, direct mail pieces, advertisements etc.
- Media relations: Identify, build and manage relationships with print, radio, television, and online reporters and bloggers; respond to media inquiries as required.
- Donor relations:Undertake relationship building activities with donors including requests, stewardship and cultivation.
- Strategic plan: Implement other aspects of the agency’s marketing and communication plans in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications.
- Budget management: Contribute to the development of the department budget and manage expenditures.
- Fundraising administration: Assist in the maintenance of records in Raiser’s Edge software.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Two years (minimum) experience as a marketing and/or communications professional
- A degree from a reputable education institution with a focus in communications, marketing, public relations, or other relevant discipline
- Experience working in the social service/charitable sector an asset
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience
- Membership of IABC OR CPRS is an asset
- Membership in a Professional Fundraising Association such as AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) would be an asset
- Strong social media stills
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills for all media
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to multi-task and work under competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders including: board members, program staff, volunteers, donors, and clients; sensitivity to working with people from diverse and vulnerable communities.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion
- Experience managing external relationships with printers, web designers, writers, photographers, graphic designers, and other suppliers
- Strong computer literacy skills – particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and WordPress; Adobe Creative Suite and Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Flexibility with work schedule. Some evening work may be required for special events and committee meetings
- Ability to work with, and empathize with people suffering from abuse, poverty, family violence, cross-cultural Issues, misuse(addictions), AIDS, and other life-limiting illnesses, mental illness, and grief process.
- This is an in-office position with flexible, work-from-home options. The successful candidate will work from home until physical distancing measures are lifted.
- We offer an excellent benefits package including employee insurance (medical, dental, life, accident and long-term disability, MSP)
- We offer a welcoming, team based office culture in a location that is accessible by transit.
- This is an excluded (non-unionized), permanent, part-time position.
Date Posted: June 4, 2020
Deadline for submission: Vacant until filled
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.