POSITION: Building Service Worker
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health Housing – Multiple Locations
POSTING NUMBER: 20-44
SALARY: $20.08 – $22.16
STATUS: Regular Full-time: Monday to Friday 9:00am -5:00pm
Working with initiative and independence, the Building Services Worker is responsible for performing a variety of skilled labor related to building service work for the upkeep of a safe, clean and healthy living and working environment. This role is responsible for the maintenance, janitorial and security functions of the facility.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12
- Building Service Worker Certificate plus two years of commensurate experience preferred
- Certificate in Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Must be available to complete Non Violence Crisis Intervention Training
- H.M.I.S. Awareness Training
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work may be considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical capabilities to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize while working independently.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations
- Working knowledge of proper painting techniques
- Working knowledge of minor carpentry repairs, door hardware repairs and building maintenance
- Working knowledge of materials, methods and complex equipment used in custodial work.
- Working knowledge of applicable safety regulations
- Working knowledge of business communication technologies such as Windows and Microsoft Office software applications.
- Working knowledge of Asbestos Management Plan and procedures to minimize the risk of worker exposure when an asbestos containing material disturbance occurs
- Demonstrates care in handling cleaning equipment and undertakes minor repairs
- Demonstrates independence of judgment, discretion and initiative in performing duties of the position
- General knowledge of applicable department policies, procedures and standards
- Must be able to wear and use personal protective equipment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse resident / customer base (youth, seniors, adults and special populations) and with people who may have experienced trauma, abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addiction issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting of life-threatening conditions.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
Date Posted: August 19, 2020
Submission Deadline: Vacant until filled
Open to: Internal and External Applicants
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.