DEPARTMENT: Mental Health and Supportive Housing – Cordova House
POSTING NUMBER: 20-47
SALARY: $18.59 – $19.91
JOB SUMMARY: The Housekeeper provides general housekeeping services to all Women and Children’s program common areas, resident rooms, vacated rooms and second stage transitional housing suites. The incumbent is responsible for preparing the dining room prior to meals and ensuring kitchens and food service areas are appropriately cleaned after meals.
- Grade 10.
- 6 months housekeeping experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
Date Posted: September 14, 2020
Submission Deadline: Vacant until filled
Open to: Internal and External Applicants
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.