DEPARTMENT: Women and Children’s Services – Springhouse
POSTING NUMBER: 20-52
SALARY: $18.59 -$19.91
STATUS: Regular Part-time: Sunday and Monday 12pm-8pm, and every other Tuesday 12pm-8pm
The Housekeeper provides general housekeeping services to all Women and Children’s program common areas, resident rooms, vacated rooms and second stage transitional housing suites. The incumbent is responsible for preparing the dining room prior to meals and ensuring kitchens and food service areas are appropriately cleaned after meals.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma (Grade 12 equivalent) is required
- One year recent related housekeeping experience within a residential support setting is required
- Food Safe Certificate is required
- WHMIS training is required
- Building Service Worker Certificate is required
- Mandt training is desirable
- Gender is a bona fide occupational requirement: self-identifying women only applicants please.
- We are particularly interested in receiving applications from women who reflect the diversity of the women who access our services: Indigenous and Racialized Women strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Demonstration of advanced interpersonal skills specific to the role
- Awareness of appropriate client interaction standards and program confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and act with a high degree of independent judgement, organizing work appropriately
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of compassion, understanding and sensitivity
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Proven ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment
- Ability to work and empathize with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, addictions issues or may be living with HIV/AIDS and other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position, experience operating related equipment and ability to effectively use industrial grade cleaning products
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
Date Posted: October 1, 2020
Submission Deadline: Vacant until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS