POSITION: Activity Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health and Supported Housing Services – Victory House
POSTING NUMBER: 20-53
SALARY: $24.29 – $26.37
STATUS: Regular Full Time: Monday- Friday 9am – 5pm
The Activity Coordinator develops, evaluates, and participates in activities to meet clients’ activation, life skills, recreational, and social needs for Housing Services, including Victory House and Santiago Lodge. Assists clients with activities of daily living as required, and supervises staff.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation.
- Valid Unrestricted Class 4 BC Driver’s License required.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificates required.
- Two years recent, related experience
- One year supervisory and program planning experience
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to take initiative, and to organize and prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to take into account and address the real barriers that people face because of discrimination and unequal access to resources
- Good leadership skills.
- Knowledge of, and ability to do, various arts and crafts, handicrafts, and sports activities.
- Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
- Ability to develop, organize, coordinator, deliver, and evaluate individual and group activities
- Ability to supervise and instruct.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
Date Posted: October 1, 2020
Deadline for submission: Vacant until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.