POSITION: Cook 3
DEPARTMENT: Women and Children’s Services– Springhouse & Powell Place
POSTING NUMBER: 21-35
SALARY: $22-11 – $24.25
Hours: On Call
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Cook plans and develops menus and recipes, including special diets; orders food and supplies within budget guidelines; performs related administrative duties including scheduling; and supervises cooks and/or food service workers at other locations.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12
- Training in quality food production with a Professional Cook Training Certificate or parallel diploma from a recognized course.
- Food Safe 1 Certificate
- Recent related experience in health care
- Previous supervisory experience
- First Aid preferred
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Gender is a bona fide occupational requirement: self-identifying women only applicants please.
- We are particularly interested in receiving applications from women who reflect the diversity of the women who access our services: Indigenous and Racialized Women strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Able to operate office equipment, computer, email, fax
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to adjust recipes.
- Physical capabilities, which are compatible with lifting, stooping, and standing for long periods in a relatively warm environment.
- Must be well groomed and demonstrate a high degree of personal hygiene.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
Date Posted: April 14, 2021
Deadline for submission: April 21, 2021 for internal Applications or vacant until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.