POSITION: Registered Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Mays Place & Cottage Hospice
POSTING NUMBER: 21-54
SALARY: $36.23 – $47.58
STATUS: Casual – Days, Evenings and Nights
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care to patients of the Hospice Unit according to established policies and procedures including: assessing total physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs; planning, documenting and implementing care plans; evaluating effectiveness of care plans and making recommendations for changes where necessary.
- Previous one year nursing experience in palliative care or equivalent palliative care education and training.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with 2 year’s nursing experience.
- Must hold current registrations with CRNBC.
- OFA1 required.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Course required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to operate related equipment and to maintain skill levels in areas such as pain-control and treatments.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Date Posted: July 23, 2021
Deadline for submission: August 06, 2021 for internal applicants and external until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.