POSITION: Accounts Payable Clerk
DEPARTMENT: Adult Guardianship Program
POSTING NUMBER: 21-72
SALARY: $19.52 – $21.45
STATUS: Full-Time; Monday – Friday
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
START: November 1, 2021
The Accounts Payable Clerk provides support to our clients by processing invoices, ensuring vendors are paid accurately and on time. The incumbent is also responsible for cash handling activities including cash deposits, data entry, account reconciliations and other administrative tasks as assigned. In addition, the position respond to queries from internal Associates and external vendors, while demonstrating a high level of customer service.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- CPA or CGA, CMA, CA student level 3 or Business Accounting Certificate including accounts payable preferred
- Post-secondary education in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience relating to accounts payable and general accounting as well as bank reconciliation and general account reconciliations, including 2 years working with an ERP system.
- Experience with initiating and implementation of process improvements an asset
- Effective and respectful communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Ability to work well with others in promoting a team environment as well work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Proficient in working with Excel, specialized accounting software, MS Word and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and changing work environment.
- Keyboard accurately at 50 WPM preferred
- Systematic with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
Date Posted: October 12, 2021
Deadline for submission: October 19th, 2021 for internal applicants or externally until filled
Open to: Internal and External Applicants
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.