POSITION: Cook 1
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Cottage Hospice
POSTING NUMBER: 21-76
SALARY: $21.25 – $22.70
DURATION: ASAP until return of Incumbent
STATUS: Temporary Part Time; Monday to Thursday, 8am to 2pm
The Cook prepares balanced, nutritious meals for the client/residents, maintains the inventory levels of food and supplies, and ensures that the food and supplies are rotated. The Cook maintains an orderly, sanitary work area.
- Recognized course in Food Safe 1 and 2 and training in quality food production with a diploma from a recognized course, or will consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to adjust recipes.
- Physical capabilities, which are compatible with lifting, stooping, and standing for long periods in a relatively warm environment.
- Must be well groomed and demonstrate a high degree of personal hygiene.
Date Posted: October 12, 2021
Deadline for submission: October 19th, 2021 for internal applicants or externally until filled
Open to: Internal and External Applicants
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly