POSITION: Director of Finance
POSTING NUMBER: 20-36
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DURATION: until filled
STATUS: Full time, will include evenings and weekends
Provide exceptional leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure Bloom Group Community Services has effective operational, administrative, and financial management systems in place to meet commitments to the people we serve and employees; deliverables and obligations to funders and community allies: to ensure the Society’s financial strength and operational efficiency. We are seeking a person who has proficiency in AP/AR automation, invoicing controls and proficiency with accounting tools.
Responsible for the effective strategic and operational performance of the Society’s financial, accounting and shared services. Ensure the strategic development and growth of Adult Guardianship in alignment with best practices in finance, applicable legislation and person centred services.
The Director of Finance works closely with service delivery leadership and teams to ensure service delivery and facilities’ goals are aligned and communicated across the Society.
The Director of Finance demonstrates values and vision in alignment with the mission of the Bloom Group Community Services through the provision of housing, health and social services, to support people and communities facing barriers.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of, and current CPA Designation in good standing
- Experience in a retail banking, pension, or other personal finance operation an asset.
- 10 years financial management experience with 5 years in Not-for-Profit
- Change Management experience for system improvements
- Experience with Government contracts and templates
- Financial Risk Management experience
- Proficiency at an intermediate to advanced level in Sage 300, Crystal Reporting, or related software and MS Office.
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of efficient processes for finance, procurement and IT.
- Leadership and coaching skills
- HR experience with compensation and benefits a plus
- Curious and engaged in the organization
- Clever and highly accurate in reporting
- Able to multi-task
- Open minded, listener
- Team player and knows how to have fun
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
The Bloom Group acknowledges that it operates on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Bloom Group Community Services leadership and programs will reflect the people and communities in which we live, work and play.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group Community Services.
Should your application be selected for further consideration, we will be in contact with you