POSITION: Maintenance Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health Housing
POSTING NUMBER: 19-35
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
STATUS: Regular Full-time: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
The Maintenance Coordinator oversees the building maintenance for the Society’s portfolio, including general in-suite and building repairs, suite turnover, and maintenance of all major building systems, including HVAC, boilers, plumbing, and electrical systems. This role also has responsibilities across the organization, including our affordable housing locations in the Downtown Eastside and the West End, our Mental Health Supported Housing, our Women’s and Children’s program as well as providing support for our other property assets. This position is also responsible for the supervision of Building Service Workers and janitorial staff and reports to our Facilities Manager.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Building Systems Engineer Certificate Levels I and II, or Level III or Building Service Worker Certificate or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- First Aid Certificate.
- Three year’s experience in supervisory role.
- Five years previous work experience in facilities maintenance, preferably in a residential setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to work with, and empathize with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, family violence, , addictions, mental illness or may be living with HIV/AIDs or other life-limiting or life threatening conditions.
- Physical abilities to carry out duties of the position, including lifting, stooping, crouching and standing for long periods.
- Ability to operate basic computer programs, MS Windows environment, MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Class 5 Drivers License is required.
- Ability to operate related equipment including safe operation of hand and power tools.
- Use of one’s own vehicle is required.
Date Posted: May 8, 2019
Deadline for submission: Vacant until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.