POSITION: Manager, Housing Services
POSTING NUMBER: 20-46
REPORTS TO: Associate Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Mental Health/Supported Housing Coordinators, Affordable Housing Coordinators, Resident Services Coordinator
DURATION: Temporary Full-time; Until October 29, 2021
START: October 26, 2020
The Manager of Housing Services reports to the Associate Executive Director and provides operational oversight and delivery of services across TBG’s six (6) permanent housing sites (~500 units) which includes both the Mental Health / Supported Housing, Affordable Housing buildings. The Manager is responsible for supervision of staff and overall program leadership, ensuring quality care and services to residents that are delivered in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act and Community Care and Assisted Living Act, ensuring that Licensing Standards are complied with, staff development, supervision and support; fostering a positive and collaborative working environment for staff; a commitment to participating in his/her own continuing professional development; developing partnership and facilitating linkages between Housing and service providers in the community health and housing sector. Key areas of responsibility include opening new housing projects and management of partnership agreements.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Nursing, Urban Planning, or Health Administration, or other relevant Graduate Degree with clinical/practice background, plus current registration with the appropriate professional body.
- Five (5) year’s experience working in managing social, affordable or non-market housing developments.
- Five to Seven (5-7) year’s experience working in community mental health, supported or mental health housing services, or in a related field.
- Three (3) year’s management and supervisory experience in a related field.
- Experience working in a unionized environment preferred.
- Knowledge of recovery principles and practices in mental health
- Ability to supervise.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly and towards common goals within a leadership team structure.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who have experienced abuse, poverty, family violence, addictions issues, AIDS, and other life-limiting illnesses, mental illness, and multiple losses.
- Ability to be self reflective and committed to own professional development
- Ability to consider and construct practices which acknowledge and incorporate the experiences of persons who are marginalized on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, economic status, language, culture, age, disability, sexual orientation/identity, and/or gender identity.
- Ability to provide guidance, coaching, and supervision.
- Ability to assist in developing, implementing and evaluating programs, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to foster a working environment of collaboration, skill, collegiality, and enthusiasm.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for our staff and clients.
Date Posted: September 11, 2020
Deadline for submission: Vacant until filled
Open to: Internal & External Applicants
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.