POSITION: Adult Guardianship Worker
DEPARTMENT: Adult Guardianship
POSTING NUMBER: 21-22
SALARY: $23.69 – $25.67
STATUS: Regular Full-time: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
START: March 15, 2021
Within the bounds of the BC Adult Guardianship Legislation, the Adult Guardianship Worker administers the financial affairs of clients/residents who can no longer manage their finances due to physical or mental constraints. Pension incomes derived from the Income Security Program (OAS) and Canadian Pension Program (CPP) are received by the Adult Guardianship Program (AGP) and it is the duty of the Adult Guardianship Worker to enhance the incomes through applications to SAFER and other supplements. For clients who have signed a Power of Attorney (POA) with AGP, instructions are followed from the client or through an enduring clause.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12, a Diploma in Accounting plus 2 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention training preferred.
- Successful candidate would need to be registered with Financial Institution Commission of BC.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative, work with minimal amount of supervision and multi-task.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to work with cash and finances accurately and balance daily cash.
- Ability to budget accurately for limited incomes and ensure all clients have savings for future needs such as dentures, wheelchairs etc.
- Ability to read and respond verbally and in writing to legal letters and documents.
- Ability to work with ACCPAC financial program.
- Ability to work with community workers such as social workers, doctors, client family members and bank staff and government agencies such as the Income Security Program.
- Operate effectively and efficiently with a computerized database.
- Proven ability to write and read legal documents in English.
- Type 45 words per minute.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients
Date Posted: March 4, 2021
Deadline for submission: March 11, 2021 for internal applicants or externally until filled
Open To: Internal and External Applicants
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.