POSITION: Care Aide
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Cottage
POSTING NUMBER: 18-125
SALARY: $20.46 – $22.38
STATUS: Regular part-time: Nights 23:00 – 07:00 4 on 4 off
Provides residents with personal care assistance, and performs housekeeping duties in hospice.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Health Care Assistant (HCA) Certificate or an equivalent certification.
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry required.
- Six (6) month’s palliative or acute care experience.
- Industry recognized Food Handlers and Sanitation Course.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificates.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work non-judgmentally with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or substance use issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position such as capabilities which are compatible with walking, stopping, bending, and lifting heavy residents using effective and safe body mechanics.
- Ability to manage self emotionally in the context of end-of-life care.
Date Posted: December 12, 2018
Deadline for submission: December 19, 2018 for internal applicants or externally until filled.
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.