POSITION: Care Aide
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Mays Place & Cottage Hospice
POSTING NUMBER: 21-17
SALARY: $22.38 – $24.47
STATUS: Casual, on call – Days, Evenings and Nights
START: March 01, 2021
Provides residents with personal care assistance, and performs housekeeping duties in hospice.
- Health Care Assistant (HCA) Certificate or an equivalent certification.
- Registration with the BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry required.
- Six (6) month’s palliative or acute care experience.
- Industry recognized Food Handlers and Sanitation Course.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificates.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work non-judgmentally with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or substance use issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position such as capabilities which are compatible with walking, stopping, bending, and lifting heavy residents using effective and safe body mechanics.
- Ability to manage self emotionally in the context of end-of-life care.
Date Posted: February 26, 2021
Deadline for submission: March 05, 2021 Internally or Externally until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL and EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.