POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Mays Place & Cottage Hospice
POSTING NUMBER: 19-21
SALARY: $27.81 – $ 30.18
The Licensed Practical Nurse implements the residential care plans for each client/resident and performs all general nursing duties to enhance the physical, mental, and social care of the clients/residents within the LPN scope of practice.
- Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma with practicing membership in College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC
- Current OFA1
- Six (6) month’s palliative care experience or the Employer will consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Industry recognized Food Handlers and Sanitation Course.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position such as capabilities which are compatible with walking, stopping, bending, and lifting heavy residents using effective and safe body mechanics.
- Capable of understanding various stages of the dying process and applying principles to support individuals, families and self through the dying process.
- Ability to handle residents with underlying mental illness and drug dependencies.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties, ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.
Date Posted: April 3, 2019
Deadline for submission: April 10, 2019 for internal applicants or externally vacant until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.