POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Cottage Hospice
POSTING NUMBER: 21-19
SALARY: $28.15 – $32.02
STATUS: Casual – Days and Evenings
START: March 10, 2021
The Licensed Practical Nurse implements the residential care plans for each client/resident and performs all general nursing duties to enhance the physical, mental, and social care of the clients/residents within the LPN scope of practice.
- Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma with practicing membership in College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC
- Current OFA1
- Six (6) month’s palliative care experience or the Employer will consider an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Industry recognized Food Handlers and Sanitation Course.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position such as capabilities which are compatible with walking, stopping, bending, and lifting heavy residents using effective and safe body mechanics.
- Capable of understanding various stages of the dying process and applying principles to support individuals, families and self through the dying process.
- Ability to handle residents with underlying mental illness and drug dependencies.
Date Posted: February 26, 2021
Deadline for submission: March 05, 2021 for internal applicants
OPEN TO: INTERNAL
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.