POSITION: Registered Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Hospice Services – Mays Place & Cottage Hospice
POSTING NUMBER: 19-20
SALARY: $34.15 – $44.83
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care to patients of the Hospice Unit according to established policies and procedures including: assessing total physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs; planning, documenting and implementing care plans; evaluating effectiveness of care plans and making recommendations for changes where necessary.
- Previous one year nursing experience in palliative care or equivalent palliative care education and training.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with 2 year’s nursing experience.
- Must hold current registrations with CRNBC.
- OFA1 required.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Course required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to operate related equipment and to maintain skill levels in areas such as pain-control and treatments.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Date Posted: April 3, 2019
Deadline for submission: April 10, 2019 for internal applicants or externally vacant until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.