DEPARTMENT: Mental Health and Supported Housing– Cordova House
POSTING NUMBER: 19-17
SALARY: $17.87 – $19.14
STATUS: Part-time: Sunday to Tuesday & every other Wednesday 7:00am – 3:00pm
The Housekeeper provides general housekeeping services and cleaning duties to the clients/residents. This position is responsible for the laundering of all linen for Cordova House.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 10.
- 6 months housekeeping experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Date Posted: March 21, 2019
Deadline for submission: March 28, 2019 for internal applicants or externally until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.