POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health & Supported Housing – Victory House
POSTING NUMBER: 21-87
SALARY: $28.43 – $32.98
STATUS: Regular Part-time – Nights
The Licensed Practical Nurse implements the residential care plans for each resident at Victory House and performs all general nursing duties to enhance the physical, mental, and social care of the residents within the LPN scope of practice.
- Licensed Practical Nurse Diploma with practicing membership in L.P.N.A.B.C.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificates.
- Two years recent, related experience
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to take initiative, and to organize and prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment and in a changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to take into account and address the real barriers that people face because of discrimination and unequal access to resources
- Good leadership skills.
- Knowledge of psychosocial/mental health recovery models.
- Ability to develop, organize, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate individual and group activities.
- Ability to supervise and instruct
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Knowledge of adult learning techniques.
Date Posted: December 3, 2021
Deadline for submission: Until filled
OPEN TO: EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.