POSITION: Registered Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Hospice – May’s & Cottage
POSTING NUMBER: 18-54
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse provides direct nursing care to patients of the Hospice Unit according to established policies and procedures including: assessing total physical, emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs; planning, documenting and implementing care plans; evaluating effectiveness of care plans and making recommendations for changes where necessary.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- Previous one year nursing experience in palliative care or equivalent palliative care education and training.
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with 2 year’s nursing experience.
- Must hold current registrations with CRNBC.
- First Aid/CPR required.
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Course required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment.
- Ability to empathize and work with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, and/or addictions issues, and/or those who may be living with HIV/AIDS or other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to operate related equipment and to maintain skill levels in areas such as pain-control and treatments.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Date Posted: June 6th, 2018
Deadline for submission: June 12th, 2018
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.