POSITION: Resident Caretaker (Live In Required)
DEPARTMENT: Affordable Housing
POSTING NUMBER: 21-55
REPORTS TO: Housing Coordinator
STATUS: Regular Full-time: Friday to Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm; plus on call hours
Reporting to the Site Coordinator and working closely with the Facilities Manager, the Resident Caretaker works collaboratively as a member of an integrated services team of professionals and para-professionals within the organization to provide administration support, resident support and janitorial services to residents in the Bloom Group Housing programs. This position facilitates the administration of paperwork and the overall cleanliness of the site. The Resident Caretaker is accountable for:
- Building maintenance
- Administration Assistance
- Quality Assurance
- Assist with selection process for new tenants, collect necessary paperwork, type and sign tenancy agreements and other move in paperwork with new move ins prior to Coordinators audit/approval.
- Distributing communications as directed.
- Maintaining respectful communication with the public and Tenants.
- Tenant relations – interacting with and assisting tenants as necessary. Performs annual income reviews, includes sending notices/instructions regarding review, gathering/reviewing income/investment documents, meetings with tenants once complete for signatures on Annual Income Declaration, updating Tenant Master Rent Roll, Tenant Movement Report, PAD update.
- Performs other clerical duties such as filing records and documents, faxing and photocopying.
- Compiles information as required and assists with RTA arbitrations when needed.
- Providing or retrieving keys.
- Help ensure the building and Tenants are safe. This includes:
- Preventing unauthorized entry into the building and escorting trespassers off the property
- Initiating police contact or other emergency services when Tenant or building safety is a concern including when there is a perceived threat or if an offense has been committed
- Identifying person(s) not legally permitted to reside with a Tenant and report this breach of contract to management
- Monitoring security camera footage when a breach of security is suspected. This could include instances such as door(s) left propped open, someone other than entering with a key fob, suspected trespasser inside the building, etc.
- Provides coverage for Coordinator when out of the office at Nicholson Tower.
- Taking after hour emergency calls as needed.
- Liaising with suppliers, trades and contractors to schedule appointments and provide access to the property and suites when necessary.
- Recording all repair work completed.
- Ensure corridors and fire escapes are kept clear and clean.
- Completing janitorial duties including but not limited to;
- Wall washing
- Window washing
- Cleaning spills
- Floor washing
- Inventory of cleaning supplies
- Cleaning common areas and offices
- Limited grounds maintenance
- Cleaning, repairs and touch up or full paint of vacant suites at turnover
- Being informed of and staying up-to-date with the Tenancy laws and regulations in the province of BC as they pertain to your interaction with tenants. Take necessary training when available.
- Other duties as directed.
The annual remuneration package will include the following;
- A one bedroom apartment supplied by The Bloom Group at worksite.
- An annual wage in compliance with the Employment Standards Act for resident caretaker(s)
- Extended Benefit package after completing probation including medical, dental, MPP and vacation.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Building Manager Certificate or previous caretaker experience
- WHMIS certified.
- One year’s recent experience working with administration management, building maintenance or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing.
- Skilled in cleaning and maintaining building.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, MS Outlook and Access.
- Ability to organize and present materials in a business format.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal amount of supervision.
Date Posted: July 29, 2021
Deadline for submission: August 5th, 2021 for internal applicants or externally until filled
Open to: Internal and External Applicants
The Bloom Group is actively recruiting through the current Covid-19 pandemic. Successful candidates will be provided with the training and equipment to safely carry out their duties and ensuring the best protection for the staff and clients.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.