POSITION: Shift Team Lead
DEPARTMENT: Women and Children’s Services – Springhouse & Powell Place
POSTING NUMBER: 18-101
SALARY: $24.74 – $26.62
The Shift Team Lead ensures the provision of effective service delivery, case planning and client support practices through monitoring, organizing and supporting Women and Children’s programs on a day-to-day basis. The incumbent will act in accordance with The Bloom Group philosophy and provide low barrier harm reduction trauma informed support and assistance to women and children in crisis, directly supervising program Counselling and Crisis Intervention Support Workers, Shelter Support Workers and Housekeepers.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Community Social Services, Social Service Work or other relevant human services field is required, an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Three years recent related work experience providing support to women and/or children in crisis within a residential setting is required; one year recent experience in a supervisory capacity, or one year recent experience in a position demonstrating increased responsibility is required
- Level 1 Occupational First Aid Certificate is required
- Mandt training is required
- Food Safe Certificate is required
- WHMIS training is required
- Gender is a bona fide occupational requirement: self-identifying women only applicants please.
- We are particularly interested in receiving applications from women who reflect the diversity of the women who access our services: Indigenous and Racialized Women strongly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and ability to present documents in an appropriate business format
- Demonstrated supervisory ability and leadership skills
- Demonstration of advanced interpersonal skills specific to the role including de-briefing, active listening, conflict resolution, group facilitation, one to one direct support and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to participate and contribute in a strong team environment with an inclusive and collaborative approach
- Proven commitment to and understanding of the harm reduction, low barrier, strength based, empowerment, trauma informed and client centred approaches to working with women and children
- Demonstrated commitment to continual learning and improvement through the incorporation of reflective work-based learning approaches
- Strong ability to work under minimal supervision and act with a high degree of independent judgement, taking action on a variety of matters as required
- Strong working knowledge of child welfare and protection issues, including relevant legislation and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience providing parenting support, incorporating a women centered, culturally sensitive, strength based approach
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of compassion, understanding and sensitivity
- Demonstrated ability to provide non-judgmental, client-centered, non-therapeutic emotional and practical support to women and children in crisis
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Knowledge and understanding of the complex issues which affect women and children in poverty, with a demonstrated awareness of specific issues facing aboriginal women, women of colour, ageing women and women with disabilities
- Proven ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment
- Demonstrated experience or training in conflict resolution, de-escalation and risk assessment
- Demonstrated ability to support individuals with mental health and substance use issues, utilising a harm reduction approach and working within a trauma informed care model
- Ability to work and empathize with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, addictions issues or may be living with HIV/AIDS and other life-limiting or life-threatening conditions
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position, including experience operating related equipment
Date Posted: September 26, 2018
Deadline for submission: October 3, 2018 for internal applicants or externally until filled
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.