POSITION: Tenant Relations Worker
DEPARTMENT: Mental Health & Supportive Housing – Cordova House
POSTING NUMBER: 19-63
SALARY: $18.23 – $20.16
STATUS: Regular part time: Sunday to Tuesday and every second Wednesday 3pm – 11pm
The Tenant Relations Worker acts to ensure good tenant relations are maintained within the Cordova House site; this includes handling tenant enquiries and emergencies as well as facilitating access to the building. The incumbent also provides basic office support including sorting/distributing mail, answering phone calls and maintaining files.
EDUCATION/PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma (Grade 12 equivalent) is required
- One year recent related experience within a supported housing or residential support setting is required
- Level 1 Occupational First Aid certificate is required
- WHMIS training is required
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training is desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally
- Demonstration of advanced interpersonal skills specific to the role
- Awareness of appropriate client interaction standards and program confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and act with a high degree of independent judgement, organizing work appropriately
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of compassion, understanding and sensitivity
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Proven ability to work in a stressful and changing work environment
- Understanding of and ability to work and empathize with people who may have experienced abuse, poverty, grief and loss, oppression, violence, mental health challenges, addictions issues or may be living with HIV/AIDS and other life-limiting or life-threatening condition
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position, experience operating related equipment and ability to effectively use industrial grade cleaning products
Date Posted: August 28, 2019
Deadline for submission: September 4, 2019 for internal applicants or externally until filled.
OPEN TO: INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Bloom Group.
Should your application be selected for further consideration we will be in contact with you shortly.