Thank you to everyone who came out on May 4th, 2023 to be inspired, donate, or volunteer for the event. With your help, we were able to raise $77,500 for Vancouver’s most vulnerable individuals, and we were able to honour 9 exemplars of kindness, generosity, humanity, and resilience.
What: Inaugural 2023 HUGStar Awards
Includes: Awards ceremony, catered cocktail reception, silent auction, live music
Why: Join us to:
- Honour outstanding individuals, businesses and corporations who have demonstrated exceptional kindness, generosity, humanity and resilience.
- Celebrate the stories of British Columbians who have overcome extraordinary adversity to give back to their community.
- Raise critical funds to provide housing, healthcare and social services for the vulnerable.
When: Thursday May 4, 2023 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Where: The View, 250 Powell St., Vancouver BC
How: Award recipients will be announced on May 4, 2023 in the categories of:
- Kindness Award
- Generosity Award
- Humanity Award (Organization)
- Resiliency Award (Individual)
Honours individuals and organizations who have demonstrated an outstanding
commitment to support the community through exceptional acts of kindness and service
Honours individuals and organizations with a proven record of impactful generosity who,
through either direct financial support, or participation, have demonstrated charitable
responsibility and generosity of spirit. Nominations will be adjudicated based on the
impact of the generosity, not the dollar value of the support.
Humanity Award (Organization)
Honours organizations that have gone above and beyond to demonstrate caring,
compassion and empathy and inspire others to share the humanity in all of us.
Resiliency Award (Individual)
Recognizes individuals who have demonstrated remarkable strength, courage,
determination, and persistence to overcome adversity.
Each category can have up to two recipients.