Integrity, Transparency, Accountability
We adhere to best practices around service delivery, fiscal responsibility and performance measurement. We honor our responsibility to every individual whom we serve, every donor who invests in our community and every partner who helps broaden the impact of our work.
Our Core Values
- We are a professional, well managed organization. We nurture a culture of accountability, respect and learning throughout our organization.
- We do not accept the status quo. We are dedicated to developing innovative, long-term, sustainable services that facilitate positive change in our community.
- We do everything we can to remove barriers to service. We are non-judgemental: we meet people wherever they are in their lives and treat them with respect and dignity.
- We seek opportunities to collaborate. We are committed to partnering with other organizations to leverage the benefits to the community.
- We have a 50-year history of dedicated service in Vancouver. The compassion, generosity and determination of our founder, May Gutteridge, continue to inspire our work.
In 2015 The Bloom Group was awarded a Three-Year Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), for our women and children, hospice, mental health and supported housing services, as well as our governance, administration and business functions. The award recognizes the quality of both our direct service delivery and our management practices.
Accreditation from CARF is official, third-party recognition that our organization is guided by internationally recognized standards, and serves as a public statement that we strive to ensure that our services of are of the highest possible quality.
CARF International is a non-profit accreditor of health and human services. CARF provides a framework then consults and advises organizations to help them improve their service quality. Accreditation demonstrates that The Bloom Group is committed to reducing risk, addressing health and safety concerns, respecting cultural and individual preferences, and providing the best possible quality of care. Accreditation by CARF demonstrates that our organization has made a specific commitment to put the needs of our clients at the centre of everything we do.
Documents published prior to June 2013 refer to St. James Community Service Society, The Bloom Group’s former name.
To protect the privacy and dignity of our clients, we use volunteers in some photos, as well as stock photography.
The Bloom Group acknowledges that it operates on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.