Celebrating the kindness and compassion in all of us
Deadline for nominations: November 30, 2022
Nomination Process and Key Timelines
- The completed nomination form for the applicable category (attached).
- An executive summary of your nomination – highlighting the key elements of your nominee’s overall contribution to the community (max. 125 words).
- A quote from your nominee highlighting the importance of giving back in their life (max. 50 words).
- An electronic, full-colour photo: a high-resolution formal head shot for an individual nominee or a high-resolution logo for a corporate nominee in one of the following formats: TIF, EPS, JPG.
- The completed nomination of no more than 500 words.
Entries will be judged on the responses to the criteria outlined. Self-nominations are not
Working with your Nominee
Please note that excerpts from each nomination, including the photo, quote and executive
summary will be featured in the Event Program and promotional materials, websites and
social media channels. Please ensure that all information submitted can be shared
Please also ensure your nominee is available to attend the Hugstar Award Ceremony on
Thursday, May 4, 2023.
All Hugstar Award recipients will be requested to be available during January to February
2023 for a filmed interview, which will be featured on-screen during the event and shared
on YouTube post-event. The event organizers will make every effort to limit the time
required and to schedule around the recipients’ commitments.
Members of the Board of Directors, volunteers, and members of The Bloom Group staff
community will form the judicial panel for all awards. This judicial panel will review the
responses to the criteria on the nominees and will select the final Hugstar Awards
recipients. The selection of award recipients will be based solely on the information
contained in the nomination. Nominators will be informed of the judging results as soon
as they become available.
If you have any questions about the HUGStar Awards, please contact us
Nominations should address the following criteria:
- Describe overall support by the nominee and general approach to giving back
- Describe acts of kindness, service to others, and/or philanthropic support (money, time and talent)
- Describe the nominee’s work in encouraging and motivating others (employees, clients, the public) to get involved and make a positive difference
- Describe any gifts donated by the nominee to The Bloom Group and the IMPACT of the nominee’s gifts on the organization’s ability to further its mission.
- Describe any additional participation (i.e. board member or volunteer).
- Describe the special qualities (i.e. innovation, creativity, leadership) exhibited by the nominee in the causes supported, including how issues were addressed or solved and/or how the funds were raised.